Tuesday, May 8, 2007

My Experience Writing Blogs

There is a total of ten blogs that I wrote in a period of eight weeks. The blogs are about immigration; and they give good information that is never given to or paid any attention by the American people. The experience is incredible not only because I was able to express my beliefs but also because I was able to do something that I have never done before. I remember the day that Mrs. Julie Peluso (English professor) said that we were going to be writing blogs, I felt intimidated because the word made it sound impossible to do. I had no idea on what a blog was at the time. I thought that it was going to be the hardest thing that I would have to do in college. Mrs. Peluso assured me that I was going to be fine and I am glad that I was given this opportunity to write blogs.

This type of class is the class that keeps the student motivated because it gives the student an opportunity to write about their interests. I feel that I have been able to not only enhance my writing but also to learn a way of communicating through the internet. This way of communication is still new to many people, in fact most of the people that I have talked to about what a blog is, I have had to explain to them what it is. I am very happy with the outcome that I have had in my English Class. As a student, I would recommend this professor to anyone who has to take this course. She always found ways to gain the students interest in the class and this class has served its purpose.

1 comment:

Julie P.Q. said...

What's interesting about your blog over these past 8 weeks is the absolute control you have shown. The issues were difficult, heavy, and controversial, but through it all you rose above the general political baiting and really hit on the deeper issues of immigration to the United States. In addition, your research was impeccable. All I can ask is that you consider keeping up this blog--continue to be heard to as many people as you can!